- Papers must be submitted in PDF format and according to the ACM proceedings format.
- Papers must use the US Letter format (8.5 x 11 inches).
- It is not permissible under any circumstance to change the template's font size, margins, intercolumn spacing, or line spacing. Templates are available in Word, WordPerfect, and LaTeX (versions 2.09 and 2e).
- For the LaTeX formats, you may use either the standard style or the SIG-alternate style.
- Make sure that your paper does not contain page numbers. Page numbers will be automatically inserted by our publisher, ACM.
- Be sure that all fonts used in your paper are embedded in the submitted PDF file. Use Type 1 fonts (scalable), not Type 3 (bitmapped).Any PDF that is not deposited with fonts embedded will need to be corrected. In order to help you through this process, ACM has created documentation on how to embed your fonts. Please download the ACM Digital Library optimal distiller settings file, ACM.joboptions.
- We suggest representing your figures as vector graphics. They allow for arbitrary scaling and print out best. If you have to use bitmap formats, please prefer lossless data formats (e.g., PNG, TIFF) over lossy compression formats. JPEG graphics in particular tend to look poorly and should be avoided.
- If you include colored figures in your paper, please be aware that it will often be printed on black&white printers and, hence, should be comprehensible also without color information. Also note that thin lines or gray shadings may appear differently on your reader's printers.
- You will receive an email from the ACM with instructions on electronically submitting your copyright form. Be sure to submit your copyright form as soon as possible. You must include the ACM copyright text and bibstrip provided in the confirmation email sent by ACM upon completion of the copyright form.
- After formatting your paper, please upload your final PDF draft here first for web-based, automated PDF-conformance checking and assure that it passes this test before submitting your final Camera-Ready version. If the margin test fails, the most probable reason is that the file is not compiled for US Letter format. The pdf checker does not check whether the correct copyright text is included.
ACM Computing Classification Categories and Terms
Please apply ACM Computing Classification categories and terms. The templates include space and instructions for this indexing.